Best grille for extractor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Don't know where to post this so will try here!

I have been looking into extraction rates for fitting a powerful through the wall extractor fan for a utility room.

Having looked at airflow rates and identified a "industrial" fan as the way to go it occured to me that the external grille might have an impact on the extraction rate.

Is one kind of grille better than another? I would think that the ones with gravity flaps will allow better airflow than (say) the fixed grid with a flyscreen behind it. But maybe I am just overthinking it!

Sponsored Links
Having had enough of the cheap plastic outlets, I now go for the stainless steel range of louvre terminals from Toolstation.....perhaps slightly noisier than the plastic types, at least they don’t stick open.
John :)

Found flybscreen models act like a vacuum filter and block quickly with fluff and dust etc.Especially with high speed fan.

Thanks guys. Toolstation looks the way to go. My only issue is that the fan outlet is big (250mm) so that limits my choice it seems.

Sponsored Links
Thanks foxhole. They are out of stock of the 250mm, I have mailed them for availability and will keep looking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back