Best make replacement sockets?

Quite a surprise reading the replies, I can't remember every replacing a socket in my old house except when going from single to double, or adding USB charging points.

This house I have changed one socket due to failure, and that was due to roof leaking and water getting into it.

Sponsored Links
Quite a surprise reading the replies, I can't remember every replacing a socket in my old house except when going from single to double, or adding USB charging points.

This house I have changed one socket due to failure, and that was due to roof leaking and water getting into it.
I think the only sockets I've changed due to failure here is the batch of MK's but in all honesty I expect all of the originals when we moved in 1994 have gone due to looking shabby and alterations. As an example we've just been decorating; added 2 sockets in one room but purchased 5 so they all matched and the other room added one but reused one from the other room. I've had to replace a switch from where a bulb blew and damaged switch and the shed light switch stopped working but that may have been a pre-used and possibly of unknown origin.

As I said, my experience in my current house is the same - in 35+ years, I don't recall having to replace a socket (or probably any other accessories) for reasons other than aesthetics or in the case of mechanical damage.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back