Brushed Steel Sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone recommend brushed steel sockets? Been looking at B&Q - they seem to do their own generic range, not sure on the quality? Hubby suggested MK, obviously much more expensive! Plus their website is a nightmare, got a list of all the parts I was looking for, but when you search on these from other websites, they use different part/model numbers to those quoted by MK!

So if anyone can recommend where to get a good range of brushed steel switches/sockets to include the following:

Double Socket
Double Light Switch
Triple Light Switch
Double Dimmer
20amp Switch with Neon (for combi oven)
45 amp Switch with Neon (for oven)
Master/Secondary Telephone Socket

It doesn't have to be flatplate as I'm not convinced about the suitability of that. Also to be picky I would prefer a range where the plastic round where the socket pins go is not black!

Thanks. :)

Sponsored Links
Suggest you look at Screwfix.com or tlc-direct.co.uk

Lots of options. Most do a choice of white or black infills.

NOTE:: If you are replacing plastic switches, etc it is vital to earth all metal fitiings

Personal experience has shown me not to go for the flat plate unless
a) your walls are perfectly flat
b) You either have deep back boxes or very few wires running in and out
c) The holes in the wall have been cut either very accuratley and not suffered damage or are smaller than the flat plate

Otherwise they can look awful

Sponsored Links
Volex Rounded Brushed Steel range look excellent and well made.

Screwyou were doing a deal but not sure if it is still on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back