Recommendations for quality DPs, sockets in ss finish

DJM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at my quote for new consumer unit and 3 new radials for 2 ovens and a hob, I see the electrician has quoted for MK Aspect range, 32A DP in stainless steel finish with black inserts.

three issues spring to mind on that

1) The hob is rated at 10.8kW so I had expected a 45A DP to be specified. Any reason I am wrong to assume that?

2) If 45A DP is required, MK website shows Aspect range only has oblong 45A DP and to comply with 2 m limit and find space on walls, a square DP is the only size which will fit.

3) MK website shows Aspect range only has 20A DP and 45A Dp no 32A DP. Mistake by sparky or MK website?

So assuming MK Aspect is not the answer, can anybody suggest a good quality make which has stainless steel / brushed chrome / Nickel finish (preferably with black inserts), and which has a square 45A DP as well as square 32A DP, FCU and switched sockets?

Sponsored Links
but if the circuit has a 40A or 45A MCB then it needs a switch of the same or greater rating

So I am correct in assuming a 45A DP should be specified and fitted?

In that case any suggestions for quality make in stainless steel or similar finish with square 45A DP available?

Sponsored Links
VARILIGHT has a complete range of brushed steel accessories including 45A dp on a single plate........should be easy to get from your local electrical wholesaler :D

I reckon the best quality brands are MK, Crabtree and MEM

But i can't see my catalogue today

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back