Best place to buy sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im after a 'fused switched socket with a neon light' to be used as a spur from a socket ( main ring ) in the kitchen to goto another socket ( under a cupboard ) for the dishwasher to plug into, only problem is i have got all my other sockets from screwfix (georgian brass style) and they don't sell the above. I also tried B+Q they only sell a 20amp DP switch with a neon light. Anyone know a cheap and good place to get any from or can i just use a 20 amp d/p switch ??? ;)

I would prefer a fused switch wih neon though!!

Sponsored Links
I take it you've drawn a blank trawling the internet and checking with electrical suppliers in your area (i.e. proper ones, not the sheds)?

I think that if you use 4mm cable between the switch and the socket that would be safe (i.e. 4mm can safely be protected by your 30/32A MCB on the ring main) but not sure if you could get 2 x 2.5mm + 4mm into the socket you are spurring from.

TLC sell these:

KN63NBW.jpg
KN63NBBW.jpg

which aren't Georgian, but are at least brass.

Alternatively you could use one of these:

CM3368GB.jpg

and find a panel-mount mains neon indicator (try RS) that would fit into the flex outlet hole.

MK do one....Like the on pictured above but the neon is on the top of the switch

Part Numbers:

K4361 POB (White Insert)
K4361 POB B (Black Inserts)

Your nearest electrical wholesaler (CEF / Newy & Erye) should have them or get them

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back