boiler connection.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! Can anyone please advise me on whether I can fit a double pole with neon switch to an exsisting spur from a socket. The spur runs to a fused switch then to where I would fit the water heater dp neon switch. I would be connecting that to a combi boiler. Hope that help you help me. Thanks :confused:

Sponsored Links
I think you are saying it will be a spur from a spur which is not allowed.
Or do you mean replace the original spur accessory with a DP switch to a FCU?

I read it as an FCU feeding a proposed DP SW + neon. May be wrong.

I know, let's wait for the OP to clarify!

Basically there used to be a waste disposal fitted wich has been removed. So now there is a fused switch, doing nothing, which then goes on to a second switch ( the spur runs to a fused switch not in use, then to a switch, which would be used to power the boiler, i.e both switches made the boiler will work. To put it another way the spur runs to a switch which has a fused switch in between so the only load would be from the boiler. hope that helps me.

Sponsored Links
Based on the OP's statement that the spur is not split, I would replace the 1st switch on the spur with a simple unswitched FCU and then refit the DP switch (with neon light) in series with it.

I would also label the FCU with "BOILER" and, depending on the location of the DP switch relative to the boiler, I might label the DP switch as well.

HI! Thanks for the reply I believe this is the way I was going by having a fused fcu and the switched neon near the boier already marked up with water heater. So jobs a good un Thanks for all you help, Top Site. :p :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back