Best Mould resistant paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Can you please advise what is the BEST mould resistant paint for the room (not bathroom)?
I have a condensation problem and sometimes black mould grows on the walls.
I know I need more ventilation, etc the question is about the paint :)

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
This always used to be my go to paint for areas with condensation issues that couldn't be solved and it usually worked very well. That said, I can't be sure if the formulation has been changed in the last couple of years, so maybe one of the other guys here will be able to help on that point.

https://www.duluxdecoratorcentre.co.uk/view-product/dulux-trade-mouldshield-fungicidal-eggshell

Zinsser Permawhite is also highly recommended, and is used by painters in bathrooms (can also be used for other rooms) over here because of it's anti-mould properties.

http://www.zinsseruk.com/product/perma-white-interior/

Both can be colour tinted.

It doesn't really stop mould forming on the surface. It helps stop it growing into the paint but not on the surface.

Sponsored Links
Does
It doesn't really stop mould forming on the surface. It helps stop it growing into the paint but not on the surface.

Does any other paint stop the mould growing on outside? Maybe some special liquid I could spray over the wall that works for a few months?

Not really, but you should be able to wipe off anything that forms with relative ease, whilst you sort out the cause.

Hi I used the Zinsser range - I think Perma-White initially when we moved in. (I know you want to know about paint but after moving into this house we spent a winter in condensation hell before installing a Nuaire Drimaster positive input ventilation machine, and our problems vanished. They're listed at about £280 currently. Just a thought.)
Regards, Terry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back