best option for filing wall/skirting board gaps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, im just coming to the end of decorating my house from top to bottom and im looking at the beat option to fill in the gaps between my walls and skirting boards.
Im looking for something with a gloss finish so it blends in with my skirting boards.
Decorators caulk has a matt finish so is no good so i was thinking about using some white silicon sealant, until someone mentioned something call sikaflex?
Does anyone have any other ideas or options?

Sponsored Links
Well if you used oil based gloss I'd recommend you use magnolia caulk - it'll match when it all goes yellow.

Caulk :rolleyes: It can be overpainted - 2hrs for emulsion, 24 for gloss ish

That's why you use it instead of silicon sealant

(unless you bought silicon caulk - which can't be over painted)

That's my understanding anyway. I guess after sanding you would caulkthe gaps, and then when glossing go over the cualk too - bit late for you :)

Sponsored Links
Hi guys, im just coming to the end of decorating my house from top to bottom and im looking at the beat option to fill in the gaps between my walls and skirting boards.
Im looking for something with a gloss finish so it blends in with my skirting boards.
Decorators caulk has a matt finish so is no good so i was thinking about using some white silicon sealant, until someone mentioned something call sikaflex?

:unsure: :?:

Silicon is not the best idea.

Mrbuilder your website reads appallingly, phrasing is very poor and makes it hard to read and its full of grammatical and spelling mistakes, it gives a very poor reflection on your company when attention to detail in our trade is so important. It actually gives a feel that its not been written by someone who's first language is english.

I'd be interested to know how you get a coach finish on doors?

Could i also ask why you display the PDA logo on your website but do not show on their members list for London?

Sikaflex is a good product but a mare to work with. CT1 might be a better option but with either sikaflex or CT1 you will find the dust sticks to them if left unpainted.

Silcone will need to be removed when you redecorate as the paints wont adhere. Removing silcone successfully is a very labour intensive process.

Mrbuilder your website reads appallingly, phrasing is very poor and makes it hard to read and its full of grammatical and spelling mistakes, it gives a very poor reflection on your company when attention to detail in our trade is so important. It actually gives a feel that its not been written by someone who's first language is english.

I'd be interested to know how you get a coach finish on doors?

well, mr Umair Butt did only register the mr builder domain name on the 13th of January....

Besides what is it with the hyperlinks in signatures all of sudden? Once ThatWallCoatingGuy or whatever forum name he is using this week finds out, this place will become Spam City (yes I mean you Mr Guy Alexander Bell, he of ***************.con)

Perhaps Mr Umair Butt landed on his head rather than his posterior which would explain the confusion of a site registered in January with a 2010 copyright.

Perhaps Mr Umair Butt landed on his head rather than his posterior which would explain the confusion of a site registered in January with a 2010 copyright.

Well done, I hadn't noticed that.

I can't stand those referring sites that pretend to be offering the service directly.

Just smells iffy to me, and find it foolish that someone spams a site so poorly written, my spelling and grammar arn't great but i guarantee my website has very few (if any) grammatical and spelling mistakes because i got someone cleverer than me to check it! I just find it laughable when i go on a site (and i mean in general, not this particular one) and the owner is saying how their attention to detail is second to none every job is perfect blah, blah, blah but they can't get their own website right which is a primary marketing tool to try and exercise that said perfection.

I used to do a bit of work for a woman that would proof read books and things before they went to publishing, i reckon the same should be done for websites

Just smells iffy to me, and find it foolish that someone spams a site so poorly written, my spelling and grammar arn't great but i guarantee my website has very few (if any) grammatical and spelling mistakes because i got someone cleverer than me to check it! I just find it laughable when i go on a site (and i mean in general, not this particular one) and the owner is saying how their attention to detail is second to none every job is perfect blah, blah, blah but they can't get their own website right which is a primary marketing tool to try and exercise that said perfection.

I used to do a bit of work for a woman that would proof read books and things before they went to publishing, i reckon the same should be done for websites

I see no reason why you don't drop a link to your site here and now. It will help your search engine rankings whilst being relevant to the direction of the posts. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back