Best option for hot water supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
What's currently the best option to supply a bungalow (2 bed, 1 bathroom with shower) with hot water?

The place has electric underfloor heating and some panel rads for heating so only need a hot water supply.

Ideally on demand and something strong enough to run a decent thermostatic shower.

Been looking at megaflo systems, electric combis, instant water heaters but not sure what option is considered best.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Is electric your only option ? .if your water pressure / flow is good a unvented direct cylinder is a good choice

Electric is pretty much only option, yes, we're in a rural area, no mains gas etc. Don't really want oil or LPG so prefer to stick with electric only.

We have sola panels on the roof currently not doing much, so was looking at the solar ready 300l Megaflo..

Am I right in thinking I need a system boiler to run this indirect Megaflo?

If I get the direct version then that'd run off its 2 x 3kw immersion heaters normally and be topped up with solar when the sun's out so I wouldn't need a boiler?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back