best paint for less than perfect wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a stair way hall - I have been skimming the walls of our place and have steadily improved. ( had to go back to redo the first wall I did only ! )

But there is a hall way that is massive and would be challenging to get up there!

actually the skim on it isnt totally dire - but its far from a smooth surface.. some holes and dip might be ok for a polyfiller sand experience on a few areas

But I think the rest of the surface isnt that new skim flat.. been papered over a few times- as well as some dodgy 60's mural which we scarped off.

i am not keen on papering! nor wall paper prefer to have a paint

any paints to consider? perhaps a minorly textured finish would be ok? outside paint?

i dunno! looking for ideas!! ☺

Sponsored Links
Pay a plasterer to reskim it. It's easier, quicker, gives the best finish, and in the grand scheme of things plasterers aren't expensive.

This stuff worked wonders on a wall that was less than perfect.

Roll it on nice and thick - you will be impressed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170207-085234.png
    Screenshot_20170207-085234.png
    256.4 KB · Views: 150
that looks like the stuff I need. read some reviews says it might be a bit rippled? actually I dont mind a bit of ripple.

how much coverage you get from a 2.5 liter tin?

Sponsored Links
I got a couple of coats on a 7.5 m2 wall, kitchen ceiling, couple of new plasterboard walls in house and still some left to give my father to use in their house.

No ripples at all, flawless finish

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back