Best plasterboard for bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey peeps planning out bathroom and need advice on plasterboard, The shower cubical is going to be Bushboard Nuance panels, Floor is going to be Hardibacker as its getting tiled but what about the rest of the walls that are going to be tiled?? There is going to be a free standing bath as well but I dont think that will get the walls very wet,

So whats the best plasterboard to use ? I have searched but the answer is never clear as I can never work out if its a shower they are onabout or something.

Sponsored Links
If it's a area that isn't going to get wet, I would just use ordinary plasterboard. If the area is a wet area, I would use PB but tank it.

If the room gets very steamy, use MR PB to be on the safe side.

You can also use hardibacker board on huge walls too. Just depends what you are putting on the walls. Heavy stone tiles? Hardibacker all the way! Pricey though.

Sponsored Links
As said the shower area will be what ever I choose then covered with Bushboard Nuance panel, The rest is ordinary bathroom so not soaked but the odd splash and steam. Cant see the point in Hardibacker for the wall as its ordinary tiles im putting up,

So MR PB with adhesive and grout recommended for bathrooms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back