Best Plasterboard for Bathroom?

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Going insulate the external wall with kingspan and put plasterboard up. This will be skimmed and painted (no tiles).
Is green still the best option?
https://www.mkmbs.co.uk/prodb012170...erboard-2400mm-x-1200mm-x-125mm-tapered-edge/

The shower area has the old solid walls that have been plastered. I assume I can tile straight onto this (I might use shower panels - any tips / recommendations for shower panels?).
Shower tray will (hopefully) be 1100 x 900, or 1000 x 900 if I can't get a larger one. Current plan is to just have sliding doors and side pane, although have throught about putting up a stud wall for the other end ...

Sponsored Links
Away from wet areas I've just used regular plasterboard if its being skimmed and painted. Green isn't going to hurt though.

Regarding plaster, do you mean finish plaster and was it skimmed recently? Plaster is relatively weak compared to the brick wall, so be careful about the weight of the tiles you want to use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back