Best platform for stairs and landing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking for some advice for the best approach to do the stairs and landing. I'm looking for a platform stairs method where you can safely work at the same level as the landing on the stairs.

The left hand side is getting reboarded. I'm going for a tape and joint so that hopefully won't need a skim, but the left hand side will after the wallpaper is removed. The ceiling after removing the tiles off is getting reboarded too.

I've looked online and there are loads of options. I'm looking for the most economical way to do this. But would like a platform as not a huge fan of working off heights.

I'm not doing the plastering just the removing and boarding. The plasterer is a family friend who only does work for family now as gone into a different line of work.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Oops forgot the photo

Attachments

• 20230617_095634.jpg
    20230617_095634.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 26
I am a decorator rather than a plasterer.

For hallways like that, I use a telescopic combination ladder. I can shorten one side and extend the other side when in A frame mode. When A frame isn't tall enough, I use it as a straight ladder and use scraps of bits of 4*2" timber to make a L shape that sits on the stairs and rest it on those.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Telescopic...adder-Extension/dp/B01104HU9S?ref_=ast_sto_dp

I don't think that will work for dot and dab though. I only need to stretch over to hang wallpaper, plaster board is obviously much wider. My set up will work for the tape and join.

A cheap option may be to use an extension ladder and the thicker scaffold boards.

Thank you. I'll look into the link you provided.

I'm not doing dot and dab. The right hand side is lath and plaster so it's all getting removed and then boarded on the studs.

The left is having wallpaper removed and then skimmed.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back