Best possible push fit connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need to join 2 x 22mm copper pipes using a push fit fitting.

I have never used them and would appreciate thoughts on which brand of fitting seems to offer the best LEAK PROTECTION.

Cheers

Paul[/b]

Sponsored Links
They're much of a muchness to be honest mate.

However if you want to be able to remove the fitting for any reason then you're probably best going for John Guest Speedfit.

They others are more permanent and I don't think there's any real difference.

Others here may say differently as I only use it every once in a while and prefer working with copper.

Tectite Classic is the best but not readily available.

As ACL said, as long as instructions are followed then there isn't much between the regular brands.

Not keen on push fit but I would say go with John Guest Speedfit, good stuff and widely available.

Sponsored Links
Make sure you use proper cutters to cut the copper and not a hacksaw otherwise the rough edge could push out / damage the rubber o ring inside the fitting.

cheers guys i have also started another thread on compressions

They're much of a muchness to be honest mate

No they are not, there are big differences in both design and quality.

Some are "O" ring first grip second (these are more prone to installer error), some have a metal grip ring that can't be re-used and require replacing.

Others are far to easy to demount and can release accidentally (up against a joist or D & D with expansion) or by "inquisitive little fingers)

Some of the cheap systems are, well, cheap.

Some have next to no warranty others up to 50 years insurance backed warranty.

I would suggest a fitting that has the grip first / "O" ring second and that one that can be "locked" or needs a tool to demount it to prevent accidental release.

Stay away from cheap imported fittings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back