best practice for water system for presure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a lead pipe supplying my house.

I am planning on getting it replace with 25mm MDPE pipe.

The plan to keep costs down is to have the stopcock in the garage, and use normal pipe to get the water into the house.

My question is, what the the best size pipes to get the water into the house and around the house to keep the pressure good and constant?

I thought about running a 28 or a 22 mm pipe from the cock close the my combi boiler. then have it split down into 2 15mm

On going straight into the boiler, the other into the rest of the house, that one 15mm will split into the kitchen, utility room , then upstairs for the bathroom/bath

Is this the best option?

Cheers

Kryz

Sponsored Links
22mm should be fine unless you plan to upgrade to an Unvented system later. You won't see much gain going higher due to the 25mm MDPE.

Thank you for that. save me forking out for 28mm pipe.

Is the way I am setting up the best. I have been told that for the best hot water pressure to have no junctions before the combi boiler.

Then have the rest of the house feeding for that junction.

Is that correct.

The pressure is dictated by your water supplier. Increasing pipe size will provide a higher flow rate. As long as your pressure and flow rate are correct for your system you maybe able to operate two outlets at the same time with a small drop in flow.
p

Sponsored Links
The pressure is dictated by your water supplier. Increasing pipe size will provide a higher flow rate. As long as your pressure and flow rate are correct for your system you maybe able to operate two outlets at the same time with a small drop in flow.
p

Great thank you for this.

I am going to use plastic 22mm from the stopcock to a tee into the 15mm.

What is best as the 15mm is currently copper? Plastic or brass?

cheers

Kryz

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back