Best Radiator Temp Valve and Odd Boiler Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First one should be easy looking to replace my current temp rad valves. Plenty to choose from but I would appreciate any advice on the best few to go for.

Also that odd boiler question . At a friends house yesterday and his BAxi boiler wouldn't fire up...it looked about 3 years old or so. Failry small and it had a small black dial on the front that was on the front of a smal grey control box that was fairly loose and a series of lights. On/Fan on etc etc. yep, nice and vague

Thing is that when the central heating or hot water was turned on the water pump would start but the boiler would just sit there. Now, they have a gravity fed system and it is fairly certain that there is an incredible amount of gunk in that and probably the rads as well.

Certainly the header tanks had a fair bit of silt and before I got there someone had tried to get it out. I confident sending some of it down the cold and hot water feed. Removed a tap and the valve was jammed up with c**p. Not sure about the central heating though.

Nice wide ranging question...but any clues given that befoe the clumsy sod had stirred the tanks up it had been working. Blockage in the boiler ?

Sponsored Links
Cheers..Danfoss.

Already told them to get boiler engineer in to sort it out. Sounded just too much of a coincidence. Mate goes in loft stirs up header tanks...boiler stops working....much to much of a coincidence. Was just wondering really.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back