Water temp question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On a system heated by gravity flow from a back boiler what sort of temperature would you expect the hot water to reach. The hot water storage in question is an Elson tank with no thermostat other than what is on the boiler. We measured the HW temp today and it was only 53 degrees. I'm enquiring on behalf of a young lady. At present she is only able to get about five inches of water in the bath before it runs cold. It is a council property but they just seem to be fobbing her off. They told her she had a 55 gallon storage capacity but we've worked out it is only 35. any advice greatly received.

Sponsored Links
You should be able to get approx 55 to 60deg, sometimes more depending on what the boiler stat is set at. As for the capacity, I'm not sure but I'd guess its about the 30 gallon mark.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back