best render for my old flaking external walls?

Glad the REP's back in place, so what would you suggest to the original OP? what's on my house as I've said is not much more than sand and lime. Time will tell how long the MP75 will hold up but as I suspect the rest could fall off and it will still be there, it looks better than it did, and it's not as if took money from somebody to do it for them :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Glad the REP's back in place, so what would you suggest to the original OP? what's on my house as I've said is not much more than sand and lime. Time will tell how long the MP75 will hold up but as I suspect the rest could fall off and it will still be there, it looks better than it did, and it's not as if took money from somebody to do it for them :LOL:
the original op you mean pooch? i would tell him to repaint his bricks as all he has is flaking paint, but after looking at the pics of your house again i would take all the bonding off, and replace with sand and cement, or any thing else for that matter other than mp75, im glad i put this right for you, its things like this "knowing your materials and what to use " that seperates the plasterer from the amature, still you live and learn no harm done it is your own house after all

Sponsored Links
i would go with the silocone K-rend or Marmarite thru colour scratch back render.

mp-75 is a god awful material when use by hand.its a german material designed 4 use thru a plastering machine,with diff types 4external work .its not2bad then.who can ever say ant thing about sand an cement 4 the money.if u want insulation go 4 silocone based scratch back colour system.

mp-75 is indeed used in an out.its a german material that u never wana use by hand.awful.it was designed 2 run thru a plaster machine g4-g5 etc.there are2types 1gypsum 1silocne.i have used it thru a machine in both holland and germany

mp-75 is indeed used in an out.its a german material that u never wana use by hand.awful.it was designed 2 run thru a plaster machine g4-g5 etc.there are2types 1gypsum 1silocne.i have used it thru a machine in both holland and germany
so im guessing you used the silicone for the outside? not like our friend who used the gypsum

im glad i put this right for you, its things like this "knowing your materials and what to use " that seperates the plasterer from the amature, still you live and learn no harm done it is your own house after all

And THAT from someone who is putting sand & cement render over bonding. Seeing as you had the last thread blocked after you sneakily edited your own posts, this is the only way I can respond to you - you know nothing about the game mate, I've been doing it for over 30 years and what you are advocating is a huge,MASSIVE NO NO. Don't listen to this guy. :evil:

Link to the rubbish being passed as a correct way to work.....read the last 3 pages
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=254541&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Cheers Daz........I'm more annoyed that he called me a tw*t for telling him I was shocked at his method of working. He removed that post and then must have complained to the mods - or he is a mod - and got the thread locked after having his twopenceworth. If you can't take critisism and all that................. :evil:

Cheers Daz........I'm more annoyed that he called me a tw*t for telling him I was shocked at his method of working. He removed that post and then must have complained to the mods - or he is a mod - and got the thread locked after having his twopenceworth. If you can't take critisism and all that................. :evil:
me being a mod and deleting posts? get real it looks like the mods have deleted my posts on this thread otherwise you would have seen what i called you

dont worry steve i see that post and agree with you i like the pictures of the loft conversion and the curved wall have pm you

me being a mod and deleting posts? get real it looks like the mods have deleted my posts on this thread otherwise you would have seen what i called you

So you're denying calling me a tw*t then Steve? Or as you spelt it 'TAWT' ? You're denying that? As for photos, we can all produce them, but they won't show up the imperfections that mark out the difference between a good plasterer and a bad one. Putting sand & cement over bonding is destined to failure - as soon as anyone tries to fix anything to it, it will look like something from an earthquake zone. I think you were trying to say that you were asked to do it that way - a few words spring to mind - Refusal, Integrity & pride in yer job. :evil:

So you're denying calling me a tw*t then Steve? Or as you spelt it 'TAWT' ? You're denying that? As for photos, we can all produce them, but they won't show up the imperfections that mark out the difference between a good plasterer and a bad one. Putting sand & cement over bonding is destined to failure - as soon as anyone tries to fix anything to it, it will look like something from an earthquake zone. I think you were trying to say that you were asked to do it that way - a few words spring to mind - Refusal, Integrity & pride in yer job. :evil:
show me all the evil faces you want, no of course im not denying calling you that cause thats what you are, youve also forgotten to mention the rest of the post about the roasting which is why i called you that, lets see your pics then m8 youve just stated you have them lets see them ,also refusal and pride dont put food on the table im afraid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back