Best roof membrane to use?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Joiner is due to build the frames of my 3 dormers on hip roof next week. He will make them temp. water tight with membrane, roofer was due to strip, re batten, re tile roof etc week after.

To cut a long story short, looks like i will have to attempt re roof myself.
So if anyone could suggest which type and make of roof membrane i should be laying i would be very grateful.

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hehe, 3 differing opinions, completely useless! How not to help the OP make a decision! To the OP, they're all much of a muchness tbh. ;)

TBH thet are very different.. the klober and roof shield are rated higher from my experience.. tyvek is just the only name some people know of.

To be technical they are not all the same,i was asking about this the other day.Its all about how breathable they are,and their strength.

Most will do the same thing to be honest OP.

It all depends on how long your going to keep your roof open to the elements........Most mentioned are much a much the same other than cost.

At the end of the day....to be honest....in my opinion....it is the effing roof tiles that do the weathering work!

The unique thing that a (breathable) membrane does is regulate the expulsion of moisture from within the roof space.

ALL membranes however do exactly the same as any other such as wind and crud resistance so they are all similar in this respect.

With a question like this your going to get everyones opinion not a definitive answer. So in my opinion Klober Permo Forte is the best has more re-inforcing than other felts. Most people pick Tyvek as it is what Pukka is to Pies- a brand name not necessarily the best

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back