best roofing/ flashing solution for outhouse?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

our outhouse/toilet roof was left like this after a rendering job, it only ever had that self adhesive flashing on and now obviously it all needs replacing.

So I'm looking at either putting on more of the same slate with either lead or self adhesive flashing or I'm wondering if anyone has any other ideas- some type of plastic sheet maybe? I'm thinking the fiddliest thing is that downpipe being really close to the wall- what do you think is the best way to proceed?,

any suggestions are much appreciated as always,

Jon[/url]

Sponsored Links
The roof will need stripping and re-slating.

It is unfortunate that the flashing was not considered prior to rendering allowing you to have a nice neat bell bead finish to all flashings. It can still be done but the scars will be visible.

The uppermost part of the SVP may also need dismantling so that you can pass a (lubricated) multi slate onto the roof material.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back