Best roofing system for a garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My house and garden are raised up from the road and there is a very steep bank at the roadside before levelling off into my garden. The levelling off is slightly higher than the height of a garage.

I intend to cut a dugout into the bank and build a double garage, but would like to put the lawn back so it runs on to the roof of the garage - i.e from the garden you can't see the garage it just looks like lawn.

Can anybody recommend any roofing systems which would be suitable for the load and for the span?

Do I need any special membranes?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
you need lots of special membranes. :( Don't forget to factor in the extra costs of the retaining walls.

Best bet would be to contact an SE because BC will want calcs if you are planning to retain the earth with the garage wall. ?He can then also do you some for the roof structure.

As Static said, Not cheap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back