Best satin wood?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To avoid the debarcle of having to re paint the ground, first and second floor skirts and architrave (again), what works and lasts without the dreaded Y for yellowing?

It's stairs (30 odd spindles) skirts , dado, and architrave x six doors, 20m of dado, 40m skirting that's 9" high, so goodbye a month of weekends.

The areas are well used, and I'd expect 2 coats to cope.

Am I seeking the holy grail or does such a white satin wood exist, money really isn't an issue (compared to having to paint the sodding area again after 36 months of dulux finest oil based satin wood).

Ta for any info, satin wood is the finish required no option and I'm not wasting time with dulux re compo. I'd rather just sort it.

Sponsored Links
Sikkens bl satura is great stuff but expensive. I've recently used johnstones acrylic satin which was also good. Try to go for an acrylic satin as they do not yellow. I would also recommend a decent synthetic brush like purdy. This will give a smoother finish.

Good luck

Have to agree with Vibro,

sikkens is probably the best you'll find. It is slightly more expensive than other brands but worth it. Acrylic is the way to go as suggested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back