Best sealant for leaking shower enclosure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
48734350-61F0-4E20-88AE-620F93424E54.jpeg
48B24D15-5F7D-4939-8119-3A9AA400AC2F.jpeg
Hi, so I have a shower enclosure which is leaking from the bottom-please see pics- I have been having a look as to what to use to seal it and was thinking of silicone sealant. However on my search I came across this-Fernox LS-X leak sealer. So not sure which would be best. Or is there a product which would be better than both these? Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Fernox is really for localised leaks such as a weeping or dripping valve, or compression fitting. It is not suitable cost wise, apppearance wise, or application wise to beading the base of a shower.

You need to remove the existing sealant (that will be the difficult bit), and re-apply a proprietary brand silicone sealant (using a sealant gun) designed for showers or baths i.e mould and water resistant.

Cheers,

Blup

That lower metal rail really needs to come out to reapply the silicone. Shouldn't be too tricky. Remove the glass, undo any end fixing then it might lift. If the silicone still holds it down you can slice it with a Stanley blade pushed under it. Once up clean off the old, apply the new and refit. I like Dow Corning 785+ but any decent sanitary grade silicone should be fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back