best tool to pull cables

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what's the best tool to use o pull cables under floor boards on the ground floor and up cavity walls with insulation. fish tape is a pain to use and most likely goes the wrong way when u thread it through

Sponsored Links
If you aren't in a rush, keep your eye out in aldi (or maybe lidl), I got a cable pulling set for £6.99 with 10m of fiber glass pole with different end attachments,

like this

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_22525.htm

came in very handy recently pulling cable up walls and under floors. just be careful as the poles can splinter a little if bent too much

the FIL to be (who was an electrician many years ago and still does DIY) thought they were far better than the wire coat hangers he was used to.

yeah those poles are ****. they snapped on me. the thread where it screws together is made out of tofu. heap of ****

And if you are in a rush.... Cable Quick set (made by Super Rods). When I got mine they were 20 sobs the set.

I persuaded my mate to get some. He wondered how he'd managed the last 15 years!!

Sponsored Links
yeah those poles are s**t. they snapped on me. the thread where it screws together is made out of tofu. heap of s**t
Yep, we had one of the threads break on us but tbh a DIY set like this can't be expected to last for ever or do hundreds of jobs.

They look identical to the £24 quid set posted further down.

And if you are in a rush.... Cable Quick set (made by Super Rods). When I got mine they were 20 sobs the set.

I persuaded my mate to get some. He wondered how he'd managed the last 15 years!!

I recently got a set from eBay for about £11 delivered.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370333741719?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
I got them to top up my CableQuick set as they getting split/old etc.

They are just fine and compatable with the SuperRods, so no worries.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
yeah those poles are s**t. they snapped on me. the thread where it screws together is made out of tofu. heap of s**t
Yep, we had one of the threads break on us but tbh a DIY set like this can't be expected to last for ever or do hundreds of jobs.

They look identical to the £24 quid set posted further down.

Fair enough but they were brand spanking new. I just got them from toolstation. I needed to pull a cable up an insulated wall. I suppose to be fair on it, I was almost bending it 90 degrees. So remeber folks they dont like to go round tight bends. I'll stick with my dads advice. I've been using a piece of plastic covering you use when you install double glazing. That was a breeze. I find the rods can get very floppy if it's more than a metre or so long.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back