Best wallpaper for covering imperfections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am currently redecorating a property I let out, and I've just removed paper from 2 rooms and the walls are not good enough to paint straight, so was considering putting up some paintable paper, and then painting.

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for designs and where's best to buy from. I need approx 20rolls and as always on a budget. Had a quick look in a local b&q who didnt have much apart from woodchip @ £3 a roll

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Blown vinyls will hide the majority of imperfections, as will many anaglypta/embossed papers. The trouble is, most are not very modern looking, which will put people off buying them, and those that are more modern have a much higher price.

It's probably not so essential for a rental property to look ultra modern so you might want to go with something neutral like the whites from Super Fresco: Corduroy, Bark, Baroque, Snow, etc. I can say that the Snow hides a lot of imperfections and I must have used at least 200 rolls of it in local terraced houses back in the UK (everyone seemed to love it when they saw it up).

Lining paper is the proper stuff, and cheap if bought on 40 metre rolls. 1400 covers most things, and is stronger than the stuff sold in the sheds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back