Best Water-based Satinwood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning folks

I know this has been covered before but things seem to change a lot in terms of formulations these days - just a quick question, what’s the preferred water-based white satin wood paint at the moment?

I’ve tried the Dulux and found it a bit of a pain in application, Armstead went on like a dream but took ages to dry and still feels ‘soft’.

I seem to recall people liking Johnstones aqua?

Sponsored Links
I use Wilko paints a lot in decorating our house. The quick dry satin wood paint they do has always works very well for me as do all the others they do. Very good value for money as well

I seem to recall people liking Johnstones aqua?

I have used their waterbased eggshell twice. Hated every minute of it and had to apply 4 coats to get a finish that I was willing to accept.

I also used a lot of Floetrol additive to get it to lay off properly.

The only WB eggshell that I have ever used that flowed nicely was Eico. It was however crap at obliterating the yellowed white gloss underneath it and so I had to use OB undercoat first.

Sponsored Links
OK so I've got an update on the below - went into Brewers and they recommended the Albany version which according to them was basically the same as the Crown fast flow paint. All I can say is it does the job - application is a bit weird for a diy'er; rollering it on with a medium pile roller then laying off with a loaded brush but it works - nice smooth finish and minimal drips.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back