Best way to create chrome cold water pipe over tiles to electric shower.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wanting to replace thermostatic shower bar with some nice chrome pipe and fittings to electric shower.
Shower is in a garden cabin which originally has a Mira thermostatic shower bar supplied from an electric feed small mega flow tank.
Reason for replacing is because ;
1. The mega flow tank which is situated under kitchenette cupboard is too small (90 litres without re- checking) to provide enough hot water for more than two people. Also don’t want to run the tank on all day!
2. The shower is over a wet room and is far too powerful for the room. ( often floods out the door if curtain not situated effectively)

Shower thermostatic bar is connected to wall via S connectors to a concealed wall elbow joint.
I don’t want to rip the large tiles off to chase pipe though to proposed electric shower position. My thinking is to do some nice chrome pipe and fittings over tiles. My problem is best way to bring out connection from concealed elbow to continue pipe feed over tiles?
Had a number of plumbers in and well over priced or seem to be scratching head best way forward.
I’ve done some plumbing before and feel this is within my can do remit! Just need a bit of guidance to create a smartish and leak free job.
I’m hoping there might be a nice kit available for this?
Any ideas?
Thanks. Rob.

Attachments

• IMG_1352.jpeg
    IMG_1352.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 31
Sponsored Links
Pushfit but there will be screw holes visible from the old shower fixings.

Pushfit but there will be screw holes visible from the old shower fixings.
Thanks. If I’m correct pushfit not so good on chrome pipes? Also bulky looking connectors!

Thanks. If I’m correct pushfit not so good on chrome pipes? Also bulky looking connectors!
You will have to check under the existing fitting, if no room for compression fittings you will have no alternative to chopping out the tile if you can't access from the back.

Sponsored Links
Looking at it again there should be enough copper pipe protruding from the existing cold supply to fit a chrome angled compression fitting.

You will have to check under the existing fitting, if no room for compression fittings you will have no alternative to chopping out the tile if you can't access from the back.

Looking at it again there should be enough copper pipe protruding from the existing cold supply to fit a chrome angled compression fitting.
There are no copper tails exiting. Only S connectors onto the shower bar.
Most likely S connectors attached to a wall back plate brass elbow within wall.
I’m thinking a male threaded compression fitting into the back plate elbow joint then something like a chrome street or stem elbow off of that?
May well have to nibble some tile away to get the compression male joint on!

Take the Z connectors out put a blank in the hot

1712232504952.png

and one of these in the cold with some tape

1712232401058.png

( edit to add) Worst case is you need to add one of these to extend it out
1712232713095.png

Attachments

• IMG_1357.jpeg
    IMG_1357.jpeg
    32.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1358.jpeg
    IMG_1358.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 7

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back