Best way to deal with these 2 small new shower enclosure niggles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we recently got a new shower enclosure. Straight away there was an issue with some water getting through the bottom of the glass flap with the supplied shower seal. This led me to getting a longer shower seal, which has helped a lot. Only a little bit is getting through now (not that much to worry about) but i still want to see if theres a way i can stop it completely?

As seen in the 2 pics of the bottom of the flap, you can see there is a small gap where i have circled.

Not really sure how I can reduce that gap more or completely without stopping the flap from being able to open and close?
Does anyone have any ideas on that?

Also in the other pic of the side of the glass i have circled an area where a small amount of water also gets out here. After a shower theres always some water on the floor just at that corner and a bit around the corner on the outside.
The screen is definitely sealed as the glass / tray is completely dry, so it's just escaping a bit.

Again, not sure if there's anything anyone can recommend that's non-intrusive or unsightly?
I want to keep the look of the tray, but maybe add something that would just stop the water running out?

Thanks
James

Attachments

• 20230614_201214.jpg
    20230614_201214.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 20230614_201219.jpg
    20230614_201219.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 20230614_201319.jpg
    20230614_201319.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 42
Sponsored Links
+1, you can create a small silicone ridge or silicone a small piece of white plastic off cut to 'raise' the tray level to meet the seal. Same with the glass at the other end. Normally with a glass return I would fit the main panel closer to the inner edge of the tray so the corner of that channel is at the lip, therefore any water is deflected down into the tray and not onto the edge to then run out.

What size is the tray? My rule of thumb is anything less than a 1500mm tray is recommended to be fully enclosed, for exactly this reason. Anything less and off spray water always seems to find it's way out, as you seem to be finding.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back