Help with water coming from bottom of enclosure door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have recently had a new shower enclosure and tray fitted, I called the plumber who fitted it out today to fix a couple of leaks, which he sorted.

The one I showed him by the bottom of the door (in one pic you can see the gap I have highlighted) he said wasn't something he could fix and was just the design of the shower enclosure.
The seal doesn't even touch the tray, but there is and clear gap between it and the glass housing.

He suggested just getting a bigger shower seal, but I'm guessing this on its own won't seal the visible gap I have highlighted?
He also said that the shower if facing the wrong way really for that enclosure, but I fail to understand how the shower facing the other way would stop water coming through that gap, if that's what he meant by that.

I will try to get a bigger shower seal for the bottom, but does anyone have any suggestions for water now coming through that highlighted part on the door?
20230513_174337.jpg20230513_174505.jpg20230513_174408.jpg

Thanks
James

Sponsored Links
Does that not meet when it’s closed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back