shower enclosure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed a shower tray and tiled up to the top of it. I now need to install a shower enclosure. Should I first silicone all round the tray to seal it to the tiles and then install the enclosure afterwards? The bottom of the uprights will be slightly forwards in this case due to the angled silicone bead. Would that be an issue?

Sponsored Links
Silicone all round first then fit the shower door wall channels while the silicone is still wet. That's what I do.

So you push it into the wet silicone? Does that always work well or do u sometimes need to add a bit?

Sponsored Links
Does that always work well

It does for me but the biggest problem with leaking enclosures, I find, is that the joint at the tray to wall behind the upright channel isn't sealed.

Make sure there is plenty of good quality silicone in that area specifically. Not too much that you make a big mess though!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back