Best way to find my leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an unvented system and am losing pressure which would suggest I have a leak. I have checked all the pipe work about the floor level and can not see any drips.

Is there any way I can test to see where a leak may be below the floor be lifting up the laminate?

i'm losing approx 0.2-0.3 bar a day and therefore topping up my system every 3/4 days

Thanks

Sponsored Links
have u checked radiator valves and drain off valves u could try a leak sealer

This will sound like a joke, but it works, seriously.
Go to the sunday market and buy the biggest bottle of cheap stinky perfume, add it to a rad and run it round the system(cold) on very low presure to mix it. Turn of the boiler and pump and whack the pressure right up. Walk around the house and sniff, belive me you can soon tell which room/s has the leak/s. I know it sounds farsical but it works, and saves ripping up floors all over the house.
You need to give it a realy good clean out afterwards though.

Sponsored Links
You can save the cost of the Channel perfume by checking the PRV vent pipe and then the AAV if its accessible inside the boiler without opening the combustion chamber.

Its most likely to be one of those.

If you had mentioned the make and model of boiler then we could have assessed where the AAV is located.

Tony

Hi

Thanks for the replies, I have a Valliant Ecotec boiler. Should be easy to see the pipes as its fitting in the kitchen.

Sorry but where are the PRV / AAV ?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back