Best way to fit Eaves trays

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have found a supplier for some Eavestray strip as we have problems with the roof tiles not quite reaching fully into the gutters & there is no roofing felt either.
I need to somehow push in & secure the Eavestray under the ist row of tiles. This could prove difficult because of the overlap from the above row of tiles. It had been suggested that I could silicone the Eaves trays in place. If anyone has any tips/advice I'd really appreciate it.

Sponsored Links
To do the job properly and depending on the type of trays and tiles you have the bottom course possibly 2 courses of tiles should be removed so that the trays can be fitted over and between the rafters.
the trays are then nailed to the rafters.
you can then if you wish install over fascia vents or bird comb fillers depending on the profile of your tiles.

it would also be advisable to use a scaffold for this type of work.

Here's the type of Eavestray I'll be using.

goddardo
[/URL][/img]

Sponsored Links
ok. asbestos tiles can be very brittle and are a pain to replace! the bottom course will probably be very tight, i would try and friction fit them overlapping as i went, not ideal but the best you can do under the circumstances.

is it new fascia boards that's created this problem?

We had new PVC fascias fitted, but no felt was on the roof to funnel rain into the gutters to start with and the tiles fall a bit short. Damp proof strip was pushed under the tiles, but has since blown off. We need something more permanent fitting

Only way is by removing tiles and fixing permanently; as you have already found, they blow off/ fall out otherwise

Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back