Best way to get rid of weeds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
Any recommendations on the best way to get rid of weeds in the garden along with feeding the grass?
Not sure these evergreen products and the line do much..
Cheers

Sponsored Links
If they are in your lawn, the best way is to regularly mow it. At least once a week to prevent them seeding. At first it may seem it's not working, this is because they try to quickly replaced the damaged sections. But by doing it on a regular basis it doesn't give them time to build up any strength, so eventually they become too weak to produce any more.
The big ones can be dug out but make sure you get as much of the root system as possible. I find the worst type are the ones that lay flat against the grass. These can be treated with spot weedkiller, rather than spray types. Use it when it is dry with no sign of rain. The weed absorbs the liquid and takes it down to the roots. If the surface is a waxy one then brush it on the underneath of the leaf.

I have used weedol for years with good results.
I mainly have weeds at start of good season, then regular cuttings keeps them at bay.

Sponsored Links
Ok thank you
Tried some evergreen last week and the weeds look tired but not dead

Carefully with boiling water from kettle if you don't have too many. Then pull up a few days later

The instructions said week
The instructions say "Expect to see full weed control results after 3-5 weeks."
1682276098477.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back