Best way to quickly close a stuck inline valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I need to repair a loose hot tap, and when I've gone to isolate it from the water supply at the inline valve (I think that's what it's called, it's where you would turn the valve with a screwdriver) I'm finding that it's not turning all the way, so I can't isolate the water supply from there.

What's the quickest way to solve this? Obviously it'll need replacing, but until I can get around to that, any ideas? I'll try some WD40 on it tonight, and will take care not to apply too much turn in case the pipework snaps (sods law)

Cheers all

Sponsored Links
The inline valve only needs a quarter turn until the screwdriver slot is against the flow.

The inline valve only needs a quarter turn until the screwdriver slot is against the flow.

Thanks for the quick reply Joe - should have added in my post, a quarter turn reduces the flow, but it's the last turn that wont hold - if I maintain a little pressure with the screwdriver, the flow stops, but as soon as I remove the driver, the flow returns; it's not holding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back