Best way to stabilise this tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am in the process of installing a new sink and monobloc tap. I have put it together to check the fit and have noticed that there is quite bit of flex in the worktop when the tap is used.

PihE3tGl.jpg

I understand that you can get braces to stabilise the tap, but I am just wondering which one would be most suitable in this case.

Something like this looks right, albeit a bit expensive

sauber-tap-anchor-type-1-product-1252693-gallery-cGFs-default-M.png

or would something like this do a good job?

ae235

Any thoughts would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I am in the process of installing a new sink and monobloc tap. I have put it together to check the fit and have noticed that there is quite bit of flex in the worktop when the tap is used.

PihE3tGl.jpg

I understand that you can get braces to stabilise the tap, but I am just wondering which one would be most suitable in this case.

Something like this looks right, albeit a bit expensive

sauber-tap-anchor-type-1-product-1252693-gallery-cGFs-default-M.png

or would something like this do a good job?

ae235

Any thoughts would be much appreciated
A bit more laborious to install, but you could use rigid copper pipes instead of flexies.

If you’re going to use any, use the second (plastic) one, and as per fix it flav, copper tails would secure it better also.

P.s it’s not attached to worktop, it’s the sinktop;):whistle:

It all depends on the thickness and the pressing shape at the tap hole of the steel sink. The thicker gauge the less support it needs.

The second spreader plate would probably suffice but may still leave some flex whilst the first would make it rock solid.

Franke also do one -

images

Sponsored Links
It all depends on the thickness and the pressing shape at the tap hole of the steel sink. The thicker gauge the less support it needs.

The second spreader plate would probably suffice but may still leave some flex whilst the first would make it rock solid.

Franke also do one -

images

Thanks to all.

Madrab - I've seen the one you posted, but I'd originally thought that it wasn't the right type for the fitting I have (I thought I would need one that fitted over the main shaft). Can the one you posted be used with flexible tails?

Or does that red bit come out, allowing it to fit around the main shaft?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back