Best way to tackle guttering?.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, we had our guttering done (fitted to avoid next doors asbestos guttering), then two years later Council came in and fitted next doors 4 inches short of ours!.

Anyhow, just working out best way to position ladder to sort it out.

I have a standoff but can't rest it on the window, thinking best option is to remove the gutter and rest ladder against fascia to sort downpipe?.

I suppose it will be a better job by the end of it.

20220821_125255.jpg

Sponsored Links
Can you get access from neighbours side? If not, what about just below window, depending if you’re vertically challenged or not?

Sponsored Links
I'd rather not have the Council anywhere near it going by their previous work on next door. Should complain in principle but would just end up with a poor repair unfortunately.

Managed to get high enough with the Stand Off to pull the guttering about and re-do the fall pipe.

Would be easier to lay the ladders on the guttering to clean them out but I'm not overly keen on that idea!.

Back of house is done but wind started getting up so I'll leave the front for another day.

Had my wife spotting the ladder, seems overkill for our house but my dad's roof is much higher so they came in handy for that..

20220822_131603.jpg

Good idea!, will probably need that on Sunday when I do the front.

Did the front at the weekend, struggled again with the standoff as our fascias aren't deep enough to sit it on.

Need a longer one (if one exists) to push ladder out further?.

Anyway managed to get all the crap out of the gutter.

We had a stop end, bloody Council have joined next doors gutters to ours when they fitted their guttering (we both have a downpipe).

Is there anything that will clip inside the gutter to stop all their ****e getting washed along ours?.

Don't fancy chopping it all up to fit stop ends but at same time don't want all their crap washing into ours.

Just looked an you can buy internal stop ends, with a bit of grinding that will work.

What's best adhesive?, I'd normally think Silicone was best bet?.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back