Recently Installed Guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we recently had our old guttering replaced with new UPVC guttering and fascia.

The company who installed it cut one of the pieces short which led to the corner of the guttering leaking.

The company said that they would come and sort out the problem. They never did andf the owner is no longer answering his mobile.

Anyway This has been sorted as we moved the guttering a long a tad and ensured the corner piece was fitted correctly.

One thing ive noticed now is that the back gutter is dripping a lot during rain fall. The guttering itself isn't leaking but there is a visible gap between the gutter and the roof. Any ideas how to resolve this quickly and hopefully cheaply?

Sponsored Links
Another case of someone going for the cheapest quote. Mobile number? Does he not have a landline and registered address. All this should be covered under the guarantee which sounds like you haven't got one.

Any pictures so we can see the problem?

we've actually used the guy before and he was usually reliable (which is why we used them again).

i have a registered address and land line but the guy is refusing to call me back. ironically i also have a guarantee from them.

speaking to a friend who installed his own fascia/guttering they reckon that because we have a old house (30's) that they will not be any under tile felting. this would normally divert any rain fall where the tiles aren't flush into the guttering. does this sound feasible? if so it should be a case of installing some felt under the front tiles over the problem areas?

Yes you need eaves protection trays to go under the tiles/felt which lead into the gutter.

Were about in the west mids are u btw?

Sponsored Links
If your happy doing it, its a matter of sliding the first course back and fixing the tray to the rafters. You may have to remove the 1st course depending on tray depth.

For what it would cost to pay a pro for a day, i'd get it done properly, mainly because i'm not a fan of the untrained hanging off a ladder.

If your happy doing it, its a matter of sliding the first course back and fixing the tray to the rafters. You may have to remove the 1st course depending on tray depth.

For what it would cost to pay a pro for a day, i'd get it done properly, mainly because i'm not a fan of the untrained hanging off a ladder.

you're probably right. how much do you reckon as a rough guess would it cost to get done profesiionally (materials included)? :eek:

PM MW Roofline for a cost, he's up your way, and needs to do a pukka job, or look like a right **** on here. :LOL:

If i was doing it, i would want a days wages, + materials. Probably £300ish, but i'm nearer London, might be cheaper up there.

You want Mr Polski on the job. £50 per day plus materials - and no VAT. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back