Best way to take out this fridge freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I'd like to take out our fridge/freezer and clean the back-must be bored! It's in quite a tight cupboard, how would you go about it? Is it just sheer elbow grease. Only really one person can get near it. I was thinking if I could get a wheeled dolly of the right height could maybe slide it out on to that then turn it or make a wooden wedge/ramp and pull it down and out that way but more effort to make something. It's the fact it's elevated off the ground and in a cupboard that two people can't get to that's annoying. Just thought plenty of others will have moved awkward white goods before in tight spaces. Thanks for the advice.
20240204_102126.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yep empty everything out and hoof it out onto a same height plinth, if it has wheels so much the better so long as you can lock it in place whilst you stand on it.

Ok thanks, was trying to avoid buying a dolly, a decent one isn't cheap and even then would have to increase the height probably with sheets of wood.

As you have some space at the top and the sides you may be able to "walk" it forwards until its front legs will rest on the floor and then continue to "walk" it along the floor until the back legs are out of the cupboard. Removing the cupboard doors would allow two people to have access to it, one each side. It won't be especially heavy when it is empty but it will appreciate gentle handling. Packing up the floor level with bits of wood or whatever you have lying around that will provide a flat stable surface would make that operation easier. It might have wheels at the back and feet at the front or 4 feet.

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks, was trying to avoid buying a dolly, a decent one isn't cheap and even then would have to increase the height probably with sheets of wood.
You could knock one up with some £3 castors from toolstation and some scrap wood, just need a wedge to hold the wheels firm, it needn't cost the earth in fact the £3 castors on toolstation actually have a pic of the exact thing you want to achieve in the reviews.

Thanks for all the comments. Yea I think either walking and then angling it down maybe onto an elevated platform or make a dolly. I think I might have some cheap and nasty castors I could use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back