Beko american fridge freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
have a beko american fridge freezer model gnev320s, its working and maintaing fridge and freezer temperatures, it makes ice and is running ok. its approx 5 to 6yrs old

BUT water collects under bottom drawer of fridge, every week or so we mop up the water and it carrys on working, but its bugging me as to whats wrong.

we've changed the fan in the freezer compartment when it started happening we got an engineer to do this as he said this is the problem, made no difference, it doens't or i dont think it has a drainage hole in the fridge, it looks like a little radiator with a tube going in top and bottom, could that be blocked? have ordered a fridge door seal just in case its that but with it keeping temp in the fridge dont think it is but will change it just incase.

not sure what the problem is, it works well we have a thermometer in both fridge and freezer and the temps are spot on. It is plumber in and it makes ice and has cold water coming out of the dispensor.

Any idea would be appreciated, as its driving us mad

Juliex

Sponsored Links
thanks foxhole for the reply

any idea where i would look for a drainage hole, sorry to sound blonde (no offence to blonds), but it doesn't have the normal drainage hole one would expect in the fridge.

It has a peice of tubing at the back of the fridge which goes into what looks like plastic zig zag tubes then another peice of tube connects to the bottom. So could there be a blockage in this plastic thing thing, and if so how do i clear the blockage.

I was told that the american fridge freezer didn't have a drainage hole due to it being no defrost will take a pic of it

thanks

Attachments

• fridge.jpg
    fridge.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 290
Sponsored Links
thanks jj4091 for you reply

now that helps identify that the plastic zig zag is a water tank, although i dont have the other problems the second comment has.

So still at a loss as to where the 'blockage' might be

thanks for the help

It suggested it was leaking rather than there being a blockage & that was where the water is coming from At least that is how I read it. Have you tried turning the water supply off fro a few days to see if the build up stops.

am willing to try anything lol

Its not a huge problem i just remove bottom drawer and use a bath towel to clear up the water and thats it for a week or 2, but would definately like to fix as it is working great apart from this

thanks again will turn off the water and see if it helps

JUliex

re read post and i now see what you mean regarding a leak rather than a blockage

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back