best way to wire these spotlights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I have a set of 3 spotlights to install (GU10 bulbs) and I was expecting a loop in/loop out type connection to be able to daisy chain them. However, all I have is a terminal block as per photo, for each one.

Do I need to wire these all individually from the one location where the ceiling rose was (now wago connectors in a junction box) or is there a better way to do it?

Thanks

Attachments

• 33077772-DF14-4C51-BD7E-18F17AA2838A.jpeg
    33077772-DF14-4C51-BD7E-18F17AA2838A.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 34
Sponsored Links
These: https://www.toolstation.com/greenbrook-lighting-connector/p79534 for the circuit wiring, and a short length of 2 core flex from that to the light.
If this is replacing a ceiling rose or similar that needs 4 terminals, then the first one uses a 4 pole variant, https://www.toolstation.com/greenbrook-lighting-connector/p13165

For future reference, decent lights are supplied with similar things prewired to the light which is much faster and usually cheaper than buying things separately.

Ah right yes those look useful- thanks. I take it though that these connectors would all go back to where the old rose was? I'm just thinking it is a lot of connections at one central spot which daisy chaining avoids...

Would something like this work, and then I can take the live switch/neutral from the 1st light, to 2nd and 3rd?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CESFONJER-...d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9zZWFyY2hfdGhlbWF0aWM&psc=1

Last edited:
. I take it though that these connectors would all go back to where the old rose was?
No. The 4 pole one replaces the rose. Other lights have a 3 pole one each. A length of cable connects between each one.

Such things would need a suitable enclosure, and even then they are still unknown junk imported from a vendor far away with a made up name with no recourse when they cause a fire..

seller-failed.png

Sponsored Links
No. The 4 pole one replaces the rose.
Sorry, I'm slightly confused.
Why would the 4 pole Greenbrook be needed to replace the rose in this instance, when the 3 Pole connector has 4 terminals including the loop?

Screenshot_20240520-220437_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Last edited:
No doubt a stupid question- how do you use the single loop terminal, to next light fitting?

Sorry to revisit this and appreciate this might be reaching the point where it might be questioned if I understand the basics enough to be fiddling with this- but it is moreso (I think) just double checking I understand correctly and wanting to learn, to do it properly.

The female socket states up to 3x 2.5mm core and earth can be used- thus am I right in thinking each pole can accomodate up to three wires and therefore I simply run two additional cables, connected to the same live and neutral at my first connector, to the two additional lights (using a further two connector sets at each end obviously)?

What would the loop terminal be used for?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back