Best Zoning Solution

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a system boiler installed and unvented cylinder and all new pipework, rads and underfloor heating . I want the following zones :

1 hot water
2 main house upstairs (rads)
3 main house downstairs (rads)
4 annex (underfloor heating) split into 4 sub zones

What is the best way to achieve this?

Sponsored Links
I'd go for a Low Loss Header connected to the flow and return of the boiler for the primary distribution to the 4 major zones. That way each circuit will run indepenently and should not rob each other of heat.

Each of 3 main circuits to have its own pump, room or cylinder thermostat and motorised control valve except the UFH which will be fed from an UFH manifold complete with its own pump and temperature control valve. Each of the UFH loops to have its own control valve (on the manifold) and room thermostat.

Or just keep it simple and fit S plan plus.
And a three channel programmer.
UFH with its own wiring centre, actauaters on the manifold and programmable room stats.
Job done.

Sponsored Links
Norcon";p="3042181 said:
Or just keep it simple and fit S plan plus.
And a three channel programmer.
UFH with its own wiring centre, actauaters on the manifold and programmable room stats.
Job done.[/tquote]
This is in line with what I had in mind.

Bad idea the cm907's. Ignore.
Dunno what the "toner" is?

Autocorrect.... timer was intended.

Nothing wrong with zoning with 907s. Certainly more efficient than a 3 channel timer.

The only downside is not having a central place to shut down the system for holidays.

Easily resolved with a simple switch.

No boost function on 907's. So much more inefficient.
It also de-centralises the controls.

What do you mean "no boost" ? Prat.

If you want a centralised control point the either use a simple switch to turn the heating of or install the stats where the control Centre needs to be and use remote sensors.

Simple.

You'll learn the trade one day Nobcorn. In the mean time keep taking the tablets. ;)

When the arguments lost the abuse begins.

Your stoopid 907's have no boost function. Who would want a piece of junk like that in their home?
You can foist that on to your gullible customers but on here is a different story.

Do you wear a mask when you invoice them for £70 quid an hour? :LOL:

Of course if the op is feeling flush then Evohome can zone The rads, ufh and hot water.

And it'll give a central point of control, Internet control and local override.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back