Best Zoning Solution

Sponsored Links
Of course if the op is feeling flush then Evohome can zone The rads, ufh and hot water.

And it'll give a central point of control, Internet control and local override.
Didn't know Evohome worked on ufh. In any case it's too much money and the annex heating needs to be controlled separately i.e. from the person living in the annex.
Can't quite tell from the exchanges on here which of the other two options are best for me.

Yes that's the problem with anonymous posters with no proven track record or way demonstrating their knowledge other than a bit of quick googleering.

I however, am not anonymous. ;)

Nobcorn comment on S plans and a central control point were valid however.

But it seems the central thing is not a factor for you. So programmable room stats with optimum start features such as the cm907 would be ideal.

Evo can work with ufh, rads, hot water and any combination. In fact with a little ingenuity any heat generating appliance/unit can be made to work in any combination.

Mine runs hot water priority with weather compensated heating on ufh and rads with 6 zones. Just recently upgraded to the new colour screen version and now have the internet app working nicely - just turned off the hot water from this tablet as we are out for a few days.

Sponsored Links
Do you happen to know a ballpark figure to use Evo inc wireless remote capability in my setup? 9 rads need to be zoned and the ufh split into 4 zones. I'm thinking it might be getting on for £1K. But if I use Evo can I save some money on the installation of the ufh?

Depends on how you spoilt the zones.

If doing it with dt92e's and zone valves...

Or

All from a set of manifolds with hcc80r, dt92e's.

Or with hr92uk heads and whatever goes with the ufh.

Can get expensive quickly, but it all comes down to planning.

Do you happen to know a ballpark figure to use Evo inc wireless remote capability in my setup? 9 rads need to be zoned and the ufh split into 4 zones. I'm thinking it might be getting on for £1K. But if I use Evo can I save some money on the installation of the ufh?

Stick with a three channel programmer centrally located for your convenience to operate your main zones hooked up to the likes off DT90e's and a cylinder stat.

You'll soon tire from traipsing off to the bedrooms to stand at a wall stat flicking the switch to get the desired temp whilst at the same time focusing on the read out, just so the heating comes on exactly when you desire.
Then off to the living area zone to do the same. Then of course it doesn't turn off but reverts back to the programme.
Pure nonsense.

After that all you need is good quality trv's on the rads.

Or just keep it simple and fit S plan plus.
And a three channel programmer.
UFH with its own wiring centre, actauaters on the manifold and programmable room stats.
Job done.

But surely this will result in 'heat migration' in areas when the UFH is maintaining a 'set-back' temperature? The UFH is a completely different animal when it comes to time & temperature control - with the heating up & cooling down times varying with the floor construction & outdoor ambient temperatures. Never mix convection emitters with radiant emitters, it'll defeat the purpose of having controls at all!!...... :rolleyes:

The ufh is in the granny flat. (ie annex)
Separate building.

No.
I'd post up an image but I'm banned from posting images as I tarred and feathered dom over on gd. :LOL:
Along with half a dozen other muppets. :LOL:

The rads will often be on when the UFH is on e.g. when it's cold. What's the problem exactly?

No.
I'd post up an image but I'm banned from posting images as I tarred and feathered dom over on gd. :LOL:

You mean you badly scrawled our incorrectly spelled names onto a picture of what I think was a hobo thinking it was funny, clever, salient and original.

When it fact it demonstrated you have the wiring should of a 4 year old and the intellectual wit to match.

Subsequently trying to pretend that you meant to spell my name incorrectly just makes the whole thing look more pathetic.

Give up Nobcorn, No one is interested or impressed. :rolleyes:

No.

You mean you badly scrawled our incorrectly spelled names onto a picture of what I think was a hobo thinking it was funny, clever, salient and original.

When it fact it demonstrated you have the wiring should of a 4 year old and the intellectual wit to match.

Subsequently trying to pretend that you meant to spell my name incorrectly just makes the whole thing look more pathetic.

Give up Nobcorn, No one is interested or impressed. :rolleyes:

Your name was spelt correctly. Just you choose to mis interpret what you saw. :LOL:
Now dom suits you fine. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back