Better central heating control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hate my current central heating / hot water control

Now much that the siemens controller is odd to program thats not the problem!

What I want if it exists is

Central heating control with more than just a room stat, ideally taking into account the outdoor temperature.

Hot water control that has more than just a tank stat and set time perioded

As I expect it's not available here's what I plan to build

CH control, temperature monitoring on all 3 floors of my house as the room stat in the hallway (middle floor) is useless! And outdoor temperature monitor
So
If at say 2am the outside temp is minus 10 the heating comes on to maintain the internal temp at a low but ok temp but also then ramp up the temperature earlier to warm the house up.

Hot water wise I want to monitor the tank temperature so we don't run out of warm water but the temp will ramp up for showers etc morning and evening...

My idea is it must be more energy efficient than having heating / hot water on for longer periods also I'm thinking of going for solar panels and using excess electricity generated to heat the water, might need to get clever on that one to with a solid state relay to allow even minimal generated power to be used...

Sponsored Links
Its probably best to work around whats on the market, such as the vititronic 200 for viessmann, brain for Atag, 470/392 for vaillant...there are honey well versions that work with OT boilers too, but not sold in the UK

so what boiler do you have..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back