BG Multihead G Pump - Replacement Required?

Hi all, sorry for the delayed post. Water in the system is as clean as it gets, also running with Sentinel inhibitor for as long as we've been in the house. The plumber has since clarified that he thinks the pump is failing (rather than the original suggestion to upgrade to a more powerful pump). I can see how this would cause the problem but the pump isn't noisy in any way, so not sure if a pump can fail silently. I guess it can?

Sponsored Links
Take the silver cap off the front of the pump. Put some rags underneath to catch the bit of water.... try stopping the pump spinning by sticking a screwdriver in... if it can be stopped its on its way out, if not, then doubtful pump is anything rather than ok

I have seen plenty pumps that were so far gone that they would not even spin at all on setting 1, and be perfectly quiet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back