BG want to upgrade pipework from 22mm to 28mm

I'm not familiar with BG installation policy but perhaps they've changed since your neighbours were done and now they won't compromise on pipe size because of potential problems, even though it'll work fine in reality.

My neighbour had his fitted last week!!! I had BG round on Tuesday this week.....

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
24kw is likely fine.

22mm primaries will be pushed to the limit IMHO. . 28mm would keep the boiler much happier. . Especially that particular design of wooshitter Botch with its cheap and nasty heat exchanger.

The bg man is probably afraid it will look like a fat lass in a top 3 sizes too small before the warranty is up.

24kw is likely fine.

22mm primaries will be pushed to the limit IMHO. . 28mm would keep the boiler much happier. . Especially that particular design of wooshitter Botch with its cheap and nasty heat exchanger.

The bg man is probably afraid it will look like a fat lass in a top 3 sizes too small before the warranty is up.

Lol!!!!!

Maybe I should go with storage heaters!!!! Our wood burner keeps us pretty toastie anyways.

<sigh>

24kW is on the upper limit for 22mm pipework but it'll work fine.

Can't see why some people have an issue replacing a system boiler with another system boiler? Guess they're parts chuckers rather than installers.

The expansion vessel in the WB will be smaller then the old one was in the classic so it'll probably be undersized, hope they're proposing to fit an extra one somewhere?

24kW is on the upper limit for 22mm pipework but it'll work fine.

Can't see why some people have an issue replacing a system boiler with another system boiler? Guess they're parts chuckers rather than installers.

The expansion vessel in the WB will be smaller then the old one was in the classic so it'll probably be undersized, hope they're proposing to fit an extra one somewhere?

No - no mention of that!!!

Would a Vaillant ecoTec Plus 624 System be a better option?????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back