BG330 (glowworm hxi) weird fault, On with no demand.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys...I am about to admit defeat on this one so any input is welcome.

BG330 boiler (rebadged GW Hxi i believe)

System ...S plan

Boiler fires up without any demand. When i say no demand i mean, no demand....switched live totally disconnected.

So..turn power on..boiler and pump run...warm up the bypass circuit...boiler up to temp...burner off....pump runs forever...boiler fires back up...and so on.

Glowworm say PCB...then say its the little credit card size "option pcb"

I have tried the lot...pcb (all 3) sensors (in case it thinks its cold)

I am stumped.

Anyone

( I will also post in the CC)

Sponsored Links
theres nothing in the 24volt port is there?

i had this once on a new install many moons ago, buggered if i can remember what it was though. :LOL:

If it is an HXi then I presume it is like the ecomax pro. :confused:

If so have you checked the terminal block to see if there is a live present on the frost stat terminal?

Sponsored Links
If it is an HXi then I presume it is like the ecomax pro. :confused:

If so have you checked the terminal block to see if there is a live present on the frost stat terminal?

No..All wires to the boiler (exept the perm live) taken out, it still fires :confused:

Is there a combustion check mode on this boiler??

There is a method of putting the boiler in max rate. Drop down the front panel and remove the plastic cover. Down the left are 4 pots, top is for range rating the boiler output, cant remember what the middle 2 do and the bottom one is for putting in mid or max rate for combustion analysis.

I have been out to the van to get my glowworm training manual and was thinking about the dip switch settings on the user interface PCB next to the range rating/ service mode pots???

they should all be off appart from number 3 apparently. if they are in the wrong squence this could cause something along the lines of this fault.

Thanks everyone, But...

Its not in service mode.

the dip switches are set as per Glowworm (they control pump settings and max temp)

Superduper....tried new ...main pcb....240v interface pcb....user interface pcb.

Its still fires up..ahhhhhhh

Can you send me the MI in an email and then I will reply in the CC if I can suggest anything.

Those are too much like Saunier Duval boilers to encourage me!

Has ARGI done a GlowWorm training day yet? A good time would be just before their next ARGI meeting if GW live in Derbyshire.

Tony

theres nothing in the 24volt port is there?

You have lost me there :oops:

forget that scat, you have said there are no wires in apart from the perm live.

the dip switches are 1+2 for pump settings. both off means pump on with demand. both on means pump on constantly, thats not the fault you have though.

im a bit confused with the pcb's you have changed, have you changed the one GW recommended or not?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back