Glowworm hxi boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At last i am getting rid of that s--t baxi barcelona condensing boiler.
I have been told that the glowworm hxi is an excellent/reliable boiler,
can any tell if they are any good and do they have any problems.
many thanks. Paul
My house has 18 radiators so a good size.

Sponsored Links
They leak from the condensate sump, the seal at the back of the heat exchanger, both manifolds, they sludge up the dhw heat exchanger and I would never fit them on an existing system even if fantastically well flushed. Easy to work on though.

They did have problems initially but all these have been ironed out now and they are a cracking little boiler for the money. ive been fitting a few recently and have no reported troubles.

the hxi is a heat only boiler not combi and its what ive had in my house, 3 years now no probs except i beleive the gas valve some times sticks in the summer months but a reset cures it. Im too lazy to change it.

Sponsored Links
Is the leaks on the condensate sump on the early models,
Otherwise sounds like a good boiler.
Many thanks for the feed back.
Paul

sparkygto56 said:
Is the leaks on the condensate sump on the early models,
Otherwise sounds like a good boiler.
Many thanks for the feed back.
Paul

The leak on the cap is before they were modified, they still leak out of the top though. The one which will cost you is the leak where the condensate collector sits on the heat exchanger. It is a good heat exchanger off a vaillant put in a crappy boiler....personally I'd have the same heat exchanger but still in the vaillant.

sparkygto56 said:
At last i am getting rid of that s--t baxi barcelona condensing boiler.
I have been told that the glowworm hxi is an excellent/reliable boiler,
can any tell if they are any good and do they have any problems.
many thanks. Paul
My house has 18 radiators so a good size.

Don`t buy anything from Glowworm their boilers suck, go with Worcester ;)

Hi, I have read a a bit about the glowworm boilers and not to good a report.
I have spoken to a heating engineer at work and he says that Boulter Buderus is the boiler to go for, saying they are reliable and very easy to work on, so service/repairs only normally take half the time of normal condensing boilers. Does anyone know about these, I have looked at there site on the internet and they sound to good to be true.

Buderus are indeed a good boiler but not a popular mainstream boiler. They have a good reputation and a good background record in europe.

They will knock the spots off Glow Worm cheap c***

so basically boys what we are saying is that all new boilers are craap

Nice

GLad I fix more than I install

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

gas4you wrote

They will knock the spots off Glow Worm cheap c***

valliant,glowworm saunier duval one and the same really made of plastic with dodgey o rings :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: all part of hepworth,sums up the products nicely ;) ;)

you just have to defend them :LOL: :LOL: ,to be honest the last valliant i fitted was b4 corgi was forced on us so their more recent models i know nothing about and am happy that way :LOL: :LOL:

Vaillant bought SD only to get a market in France, The French tend to buy only their own brands mainly :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back