Bi Fold Door and Laminate Flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am looking for help and advice on laying my new laminate flooring (replacing carpet) for a porch area and have a few questions before i start.

1. The bi fold floating doors are already installed. The bracket is currently screwed into the concrete.What is the best way to refix this? Do I leave it in place and cut a hole in the laminate to accomodate the pin for the door? Or remove the bracket, fit the laminate and affix it somehow to the laminate?

2. Once the laminate is fitted I will be using ascucia to cover the expansion gap. I cant fit this where the door closes. Is there anything else i can use to hide the gap?

Thanks in advance.

Jak

Sponsored Links
Porches are subject to a lot of variant temperatures, I wonder if the laminate your going to use is up to this?
As for the bi-fold door track, would I be right in saying that it sits above the carpet that your replacing? and if so what height does it protrude from the floor?? any difference in the final height of the laminate when laid, will have to taken in to account as the register/slide pin (on the door) will have to be long enough to accommodate this. Also the doors may have to be lifted to allow clearance between door and floor, this I presume is the alternative cover you refer to??? I would go for a suitable laminate floor trim, making a feature i.e. not try to hide it, either in plastic (colour of your choosing) or metal. Nicely mitred (oh! those little end bits are going to be fun)...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back