Laminate floor up to bi-fold doors - help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have used these forums quite a bit as a lurker, and they have saved me so much time over the years, but I’m struggling to find an answer to this problem re Laminate flooring.

I am looking to replace the vinyl flooring for laminate in our kitchen/diner, which has bi fold doors. The issue I have is, the previous owner had the doors installed and there is basically no gap between the floor and the bottom of the door frame on the inside (see picture). The floor under the vinyl is concrete. Is there any way someone could suggest installed the new floor without it looking horrendous, as even a 8mm laminate plank will sit above the door frame?

I am already having to use beading around the kitchen cabinets, as they have been installed with no space left for the flooring to be changed either, but I Don’t think beading will work near the bi-fold doors??

thanks!!

Attachments

• DCE8BC1B-567E-4A90-A0D6-ECEAB062EFBE.jpeg
    DCE8BC1B-567E-4A90-A0D6-ECEAB062EFBE.jpeg
    422 KB · Views: 1,011
  • 6FADF20E-83CC-4227-A45B-F593A274B72C.jpeg
    6FADF20E-83CC-4227-A45B-F593A274B72C.jpeg
    265.8 KB · Views: 474
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You can buy vinyl planks which are about 5mm which should go next to your door without going over cill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back