Bi fold door,

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

I've got an opening of 3.5 metres in my living room where I intend to install a set of bifold doors. I like the look of aluminium anthracite grey but am bamboozled by the different systems/profiles.

To name a few: aluk, origin, smart, trend

Which system should I be purchasing? Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I haven't fitted many Ali bifolds but so far I have had no problems with the Warmcore or Smart.
I'm sure the other guys will be along at some point to give their recommendations too

Fitted a few. Smart visofold and aluk are similar in price and quality and are a decent option. Never fitted origin but believe they are more expensive

Sponsored Links
Used Smart Visofold too, no probs.

Mate in Kent used some Duration doors , he had no issues either

Im just in the process of having some 5.5m Ali bifolds fitted by a local company who have a very high reputation in our area for quality , they have used this company www.prefixsystems.co.uk (which use smart Aluminium bi folds) to supply the doors . Id never heard of them through all my searches for bi folds , but i know this install company will not use inferior products so they must be good.
looking at the doors and the fittings that have arrived they all look brilliantly engineered and good quality .
one thing i will say is that its not just door quality as i think most ali systems will be a good quality..... its the quality of the install and the team that are doing it and the opening that the doors are going in to counts more than anything.

that looks very nice. How do you find the aluk kit?

also, do you recommend 3 or 4 panes for a 3.5 metre opening and why?

thanks for your help guys.

3.5 will probably be to wide for a 3 pane

Can go upto 1200mm per pane on ALuk, I'd go for 3 pane, better sight lines, the door can then fold round onto the other doors instead of being hinged on the wall side which is your only traffic door option on a 4 pane

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back